To demonstrate the art of combining flavours and textures, here is a simple but delicious recipe for a summer salad:
- 1 kg mixed tomatoes (e.g., primaeval tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes)
- 3 large ripe peaches
- A bunch of basil leaves, picked
- Coarse sea salt
- Sweet & Sour Shallots:
80 ml rice vinegar
3 tbsp fine granulated sugar
3 shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- Miso-Sesame Dressing:
3 tbsp white shiro miso (or light brown miso)
60 ml grape seed oil
2 tsp tamari
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp fine granulated sugar
- For the sweet and sour shallots, combine rice vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the shallots and let them marinate for 45 minutes, until they’re soft and slightly sour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the miso-sesame dressing until smooth.
- Cut the tomatoes and peaches into halves or wedges, depending on size, and place on a serving platter. Sprinkle it with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the sweet and sour shallots and spread on top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle the salad with fresh basil leaves and drizzle the miso-sesame dressing over the top.
- Serve the salad immediately to enjoy the vibrant flavours and textures.
For inquiries, please contact:
Explore more about La Sobremesa:
🌐 Website: https://lasobremesa.life/
📷 Instagram: @lasobremesalife
Location: Rada de Moraira, Alicante – Spain