If you have a boat but are not going to sail during the coming months, it is maybe time to think about hiring the service of winterization for your boat to make sure you are protected and for this Nautica Marina Alta, the top company in the nautical sector on the Costa Blanca is providing this service and today gives us all the reasons and advantages to look to do this.
What is winter storage?
Winterizing is the period in which the boat will be used little or nothing. It is therefore the most appropriate time to carry out routine and pending maintenance work and should begin when the user will no longer use it for a long period of time.
The winterization of the boat is undoubtedly the best saving investment to avoid breakdowns, so much that otherwise, it could appear in the following season.
In this way, you take advantage of the time in which you are not going to use your boat to check its condition thoroughly and prepare the next sailing season with proper maintenance: adding additives in engine and tanks, greasing, checking taps/locks, safeguarding the electronic equipment, etc.
Winterizing service at Nautica Marina Alta
Nautica Marina Alta is clear that a correct winterizing process is a fundamental basis to extend the life of a boat.
They do it in a methodical and detailed way by carrying out all the works step by step without forgetting any part of the boat and paying special care and attention to the engines.
The works they perform in the nautical winterization are based on the following points:
– Cleaning and desalinating the engines from the inside with fresh water.
– Draining the engines until they are completely dry and then topping them up with antifreeze.
– Adding wintering oil through the intake of the engines until they are perfectly lubricated.
– Lubrication of control cables, drives, mechanisms, steering, shafts, and propellers.
– Adding an external coating with anti-corrosion oil to the entire engine
– Checking and testing of all electronic devices.
– Disconnection and protection of batteries and terminals
– De-rusting of fittings and steels
– Cleaning with neutral products of: upholstery, carpets, seats, towels, tarpaulins and covers
– Cleaning of the entire hull, glass, moldings, plastics and accessories.
– Special drying with rags and for a few days in the open air in order to prevent the possibility of mold and mildew.
– Total enclosure of the boat
If you are interested, don’t hesitate to contact Nautica Marina Alta today, they’re a highly qualified team and dedicated fully and exclusively to the nautical sector for several decades Náutica Marina Alta is at your disposal in all the extensions of the Mediterranean sea in the Iberian Peninsula and part of Europe.
Address: Avenida Metalurgia 5B
Poligono Industrial Les Galgues
Telephone: +34 617 165 087