The dental team at Medcare Spain, Benijofar can now offer the best in non-invasive orthodontic treatments, for around the same price as traditional braces. There the similarity ends though, because I and bite, using state-of-the-art software, and the expert input of your English-speaking dentist.
Briefly, the Invisalign system consists of virtually clear plastic aligners, similar in concept to dentures. They fit over your own teeth and apply gentle pressure to bring your teeth into alignment, correct underbite, crossbite or overbite, and move your teeth to eliminate gaps, or ease apart crowded teeth. Invisalign is suitable for teenagers and younger children, as well as adults. It can be used to correct many teeth alignment issues, with both baby teeth and permanent teeth.
Advantages of Invisalign:
- Almost invisible: Invisalign is clear, light and virtually undetectable. This is a big plus for anyone who is self-conscious about their smile, but doesn’t want to wear braces. It’s also advantageous for children and teens, who want perfect teeth but don’t want to stand out as different from their peers.
- No moulding material in your mouth: The moulding material dentists use for making dentures is pretty unpleasant and uncomfortable, and leaves a lingering taste. With Invisalign, it’s a totally different experience, because it’s all done with technology, and you’ll see a 3D representation of your aligners at your first visit. There’s no gagging and rinsing whatsoever!
- Naturally comfortable: Your Invisalign aligners are carefully made to move each individual tooth to where it should be. Advanced 3D computer aided design ensures that the right amount of pressure is applied to each tooth at the right time, and in the right order. It’s a natural evolution of the smile you were always meant to have.
- Fits your lifestyle: Invisalign is easy to insert and remove. Ideally, you will wear the aligners for 20 – 22 hours a day, and remove them to eat and clean your teeth. If you have a special occasion coming up, you can manage without them for a few hours, as long as you don’t do it too often.
- No restriction on what you can eat: With traditional braces, there’s a long list of foods you can’t eat at all, and there are other things you can only eat occasionally, and then in small amounts. Because you remove Invisalign aligners at mealtimes, there’s no restriction on what you can eat, as long as you remember to clean your teeth thoroughly before replacing your aligners.
- Fast results: Invisalign aligners can do their work in as little as six months, and you are likely to see improvements in just a few weeks. On average, Invisalign works in half the time it takes for braces to bring your smile into alignment.
- Better oral hygiene: Because Invisalign aligners are easily removable, there’s little risk of food particles getting trapped. And it’s easier to give your teeth a thorough cleaning when you have unimpeded access to teeth and gums.
- Works for most tooth alignment issues: Invisalign aligners can correct most orthodontic issues connected with alignment. They may even help where braces have failed, since the aligners work with each individual tooth.
- Flexible system: If extra pressure is needed in a particular area, the Invisalign system incorporates special attachments that can be used before or during treatment to increase the pressure in certain areas. This ensures that every single tooth is moved exactly as necessary.
- Fewer appointments: Although aligners are changed on a regular basis, you will typically only need to see your dentist every 4 – 6 weeks. And because the aligners are made of strong, flexible SmartTrack plastic, there will be no emergency appointments because something has broken!
That’s an impressive list of advantages, and there are very few disadvantages to the Invisalign system. It’s a non-invasive treatment, and on average lasts around 12 – 18 months, although as we mentioned before, you should see encouraging results within just a few weeks.
Contact the team at Medcare Spain and arrange for your no-obligation initial consultation to see if your smile can benefit from Invisalign treatment. And if it isn’t the right fit for you, the experienced dental team can recommend other options. Medcare Spain will always work with you to find your best health solutions.
Please note: All clinical information is taken directly from the official Invisalign Europe website. Not all patients may be suitable for Invisalign treatment. Your dentist can advise.
Calle del Sol No 2, Benijofar, 03178
Calle Oslo 24, Alfaz del Pi, 03580
Telephone: 966 860 258