When in Calpe a visit to Essenza is always a must. The Spain Life Exclusive team love the vibrant atmosphere of this stylish restaurant, right on the beach front across from Peñón de Ifach.
Open every day from 12:00 to 23:00 Essenza is the perfect place to eat whether it’s for lunch with the ladies or dinner with the love of your life. Italian restaurants are not generally known for their high-end food but every single dish that comes out of the kitchen at Essenza is a work of art.
Mouth-watering Essenza menus
The best part of our jobs is that we get to rave about fabulous food every day, and of course we get to taste it sometimes too. There is a huge choice in each section so we’ll let you make your own mind up but our favourites from each part of the menu are as follows:
- Starter: Panache of vegetables with goats cheese, or if you want to splash out a little try the grilled octopus.
- Salad: The black quinoa with edamame and pickles is something different to try, get it as a dish to share with the whole table.
- Main: This has to be the grilled Argentinian entrecote, although we have tried quite a few of the mains and they are all wonderful.
- Pasta: The bull tail ravioli with gorgonzola is out of this world but each and every one is a delight for the senses.
- Pizza: All of them! We have tried pretty much all the pizzas and they are amazing, the Margarita is simple and simply delightful.
- Dessert: If you can manage one then you really must have the tiramisu.
No we didn’t try all of these delicious dishes at one sitting, we have visited on many occasions and can vouch for our recommendations and much more. There’s a lovely little children’s menu, with all the kid-friendly favourites and it includes a drink and ice cream too.
The Essenza brand and philosophy
The food at Essenza tells a story, each plate is made with the personal touch. The quality of the ingredients is vitally important, as is the level of skill involved in putting those wonderful ingredients together. Maximum potential is reached with each dish because each one is made with traditional techniques, passed down through generations, combined with new innovations in food, not being restricted by not combining different cultures. The outcome is quite magical and creates an experience you won’t forget in a hurry. The Essenza team are pure professionals and are dedicated to providing their customers with the very best food and ambience.
From delicate works of art, to comforting pizzas and pastas, Essenza has it all. Their stylish website reflects their stylish decor perfectly and their menus show the passion that goes into this warm and welcoming restaurant. If you haven’t tried it yet, now could be the time to go along, find them in the following ways:
Calle Gran Bretaña, 4, Calpe – 03710 (Alicante)
Phone: +34 966 940 657