Dumas Exterior Design Presents: Sustainably produced, beautiful dining tables made from scaffolding wood
With the nights beginning to get cooler and longer, it’s time to think about dining tables for indoors and outdoors, if you want to make the most of al fresco eating. Have you considered having
At Dumas Exterior Design, you can find lots of beautiful furniture, suitable for indoors and outdoors, and exclusive to Dumas. The company prides itself on offering the best quality at the best prices, because everybody deserves comfort and quality in their home, whatever their budget.
Now, with the nights beginning to get cooler and longer, it’s time to think about dining tables for indoors and outdoors, if you want to make the most of al fresco eating. Have you considered having a table made from scaffolding wood? Maybe you should, because it has a number of advantages over ordinary wood. Let’s take a look:
Why scaffolding wood?
More and more, people are turning to repurposed wood for furniture, both indoors and outdoors. The practice of turning scaffolding into furniture is thought to have first become really popular in the Netherlands, whose residents are some of the most frugal people in Europe. Coincidentally, it’s where the Dumas family originally comes from. So, what makes scaffolding such a good choice, and why is it one of Dumas Design’s best sellers?
It’s sustainable. The planks used for scaffolding have a rather short life limit before they begin to be dangerous, but there’s still lots of useful life in them, so repurposing them has a positive effect on the environment, since we can keep our trees in one piece for longer.
- It’s cheaper than new wood, because it needs less processing to be ready for shaping into furniture. And if your piece is being custom made for you, the wait won’t be so long.
- It’s versatile. The long, clean, straight lines of repurposed wood are easily fashioned into various designs for your home and garden. It’s also easy to work with, to get the right shape for your needs.
- It’s resilient to extreme weather conditions. Scaffolding wood is intended for outdoor use in all weathers, so it can cope with extremes of heat, cold, wind and rain, without damage or distortion. And because it’s sturdy, it’s not likely to get blown around the garden. It won’t be easy to steal either, due to its weight when formed into chairs or tables
- It has a ‘warmer’ look and feel for winter, and it’s cooler in the summer. Scaffolding wood is good to use all year round. Plastic tables and chairs can become uncomfortable in the heat, while glass and metal furniture is unbearably hot if it’s out in the sun, and incredibly cold in winter.
- It has ‘character’ from the start. Furniture from scaffolding wood will blend in well with everything in your home, since it has a ‘weathered’ look, while at the same time looking stylish and exuding quality.
If all this has given you a longing for a new dining table, head along to Dumas Exterior Design’s showroom at Benissa for inspiration. And if you can’t see exactly what you want, the clever designers at Dumas will work with you to produce a dining table to grace your home for many years to come.
POLIGONO INDUSTRIAL LA PEDRERA
CALLE ISAAC PERAL 3
Telephone: 694 493 476