Even though gardening and installing artificial grass is more enjoyable during the summer months, artificial grass can be installed all year round.
Many clients, especially in winter, don’t tend to think too much about their garden space but it’s the perfect time to deal with the garden as it’s better working conditions for the installers and there isn’t the summer crush of clients all wanting work done at the same time.
If you have little knowledge about the installation process of artificial grass or prefer to stay in your warm house and let the experts turn your lawn into a garden paradise, the team at Artificial Grass Spain is the one we recommend here at Spain Life.
Their team works throughout the year and it is extremely unlikely for AGS to postpone an installation due to the weather. However, the team gives us some advices:
- Adhesives (such as grass tape) take longer to set in the cold, so allow for extra drying/curing time. Additionally, you should avoid getting water on the adhesive, since this might weaken the binding between the materials. To ensure appropriate installation, adhere to any cold weather/humidity requirements provided by the adhesive manufacturer.
- During installation in cold weather, artificial grass may appear stiffer and less bouncy. Don’t worry, this will disappear when the material heats up. Keep the blades as uniform and flat as possible, but remember that the turf will settle into its ideal shape as the weather warms (and after a few days of use).
- After installation, remain away from the lawn for 24 hours or longer to allow the glue to completely cure. This will assist to protect the turf’s integrity as well as your newly placed synthetic grass.
As much as artificial grass is no maintenance if you want to keep it looking clean and tidy from leaves etc the following recommendations to keep it looking great for years to come.
- Use a plastic rake or leaf blower to remove any leaves every couple of weeks.
- If your grass is coated with snow and frost, we recommend being patient and allowing it to thaw naturally.
- Resist the urge to use hot things on your fake grass. To minimize damage to the fibers, keep fires, barbecues, and heaters away from the grass. If you are placing a gazebo or heavy items on your lawn, make sure you brush the fibers upright again once the heavy items are removed. This will stop the imprints from staying visible.
Enjoy the harsh winter months without having to worry about yours. By following these recommendations, you can keep your grass looking lush and green all year! If you have any queries, please contact Artificial Grass Spain by email or phone.
Phone: +34 696 28 37 04