Botox, also known as botulinum toxin, is one of the most popular anti-aging treatments for both men and women. Many men and women seek consultation for this quick and painless procedure to reverse or prevent expression wrinkles.
To make the best decision, we must be knowledgeable about all of the specifics, therefore today we will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of botox therapy to reduce face wrinkles.
In what areas is injected botox (botulinum toxin)?
When discussing botox with hyaluronic acid, there is frequently a lot of misunderstanding. Although hyaluronic acid is a therapy that is meant to reduce wrinkles, the mechanisms of action of both therapies are fundamentally different.
Because hyaluronic acid provides volume and moisture, it is typically used to address wrinkles that are apparent at rest and are caused by a loss of volume.
Botox, on the other hand, works by temporarily paralyzing the muscle into which it is injected; it does not add volume and is only indicated for dynamic expression wrinkles, and it can only be used for aesthetic purposes in the upper third of the face and, on occasion, in the lip elevator muscle to treat the gummy smile.
However, botox therapy which is medication has more uses than just cosmetics; it is used to treat migraines, bruxism, and excessive sweating in the hands and feet.
Advantages of Botox treatment to remove facial wrinkles
- Botox is a painless treatment that is applied without anesthesia.
- Botox is a very fast aesthetic medicine treatment, it is applied in just 10 to 15 minutes. No recovery is needed after the application of botox to eliminate facial wrinkles, you will only have to take into account some general recommendations during the first hours of the application of botulinum toxin.
- Normally, Botox has no contraindications and can be used on any type of person, except if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It is an economically affordable treatment for all pockets.
- Botox to eliminate expression wrinkles also serves as a treatment to prevent them, i.e., by paralyzing the muscle in a controlled manner, it prevents gesticulation and, therefore, the advance and appearance of static expression wrinkles.
- It can be used at any time of the year.
Disadvantages of botox treatment to remove facial wrinkles
- Botulinum toxin (Botox) is a reversible therapy. That is, its impact will be noticeable for a limited time before wearing off and having to be repeated.
- Botox normally lasts from 4 to 6 months, although depending on each person its visible effects may be longer or shorter. There are several factors that affect the durability of the treatment such as the quality of the skin, sun exposure, pollution, stress, etc.
- Its effect is not immediate, it will not be until the third or fourth day after the botox treatment that you will gradually notice the aesthetic improvement.
- Unfortunately, there is an intrusion in the field of aesthetic medicine, and many “professionals” without qualifications and knowledge to do the treatment advertise and apply it.
We advise you to be aware of botox offers with shockingly low pricing. To ensure the continued effectiveness of a botulinum toxin (botox) treatment, place yourself in the hands of a professional.
Botox in Alicante to eliminate wrinkles
In Solesio Clinic, we may rely on the competent hands of Dr. Sanchez de Gea for exquisite aesthetic medicine treatments and facial rejuvenation.
Dr. Estefania Sanchez De Gea will provide you with free medical advice at your initial consultation. They are waiting for you.
Request your free online diagnostic at Solesio Clinic! By completing this online evaluation form one of the best plastic surgeons in Alicante is waiting for you at Solesio Clinic, C/Granja de Rocamora 6 (Alicante).